I love beer. Not in a chugging a 12 pack watching the game kinda way. I love to savor a great craft beer. I might even have a second one to follow it. Craft brew is such a large industry these days. There are soooo many great ones out on the market. I have had the opportunity to travel for a living for awhile and have had great beer from all over this country. I have favorite west coast and east coast beers as well as several favorites from places around the middle. I have been to ground breaking parties for new brewers in Colorado, first and second anniversary bashes for toddler brew brands in Oklahoma, Firkin tappings, haunted pub tours in North Carolina, The Oregon Craft Beer Trail, brewery tours in about 10 different states. We even do beer tasting parties at my house twice a year. The last one featured 25 different indulgences. We play beer trivia and Beer-opoly along with some darts and corn hole of course. You might be thinking, So what's your favorite one? Great question. It would depend on the occasion or the food around me. Here is a top 5 list of everyone must try. Don't worry, I'm not a hop head. These are not in order because they are all so different. Also, there are so many more. This is just a start. Enjoy!
- Alaskan Amber - favorite everyday drinking beer. Most everyone that I have talked to about it agrees
- New Belgium's 1554 - favorite dark beer (Dechute's Black Butte is a very close second)
- Rogue Dead Guy - favorite ale , technically a German Maibock (even better is Double Dead Guy - absolute must try) I'm even a citizen of the Rogue Nation!
- Unibroue's La Fin du Monde - Damn!
- Ommegang's Rare Vos - Incredible Belgian amber ale - best served on tap. When I first tried this one, it immediately went into the top 5 list.